Student Council in Central Ukrainian National Technical University and its structural units are an integral part of public authorities of CUNTU. Student Council is the right and opportunity of students to address issues of training and welfare, protection of rights and interests of students and is the great opportunity to participate in the management of the university.
The purpose of student council is to create conditions for self-identity of students of the University and form their organizational skills, leadership qualities, responsibility for the outcome of their work and so on. Student council activities are aimed at providing education and spiritual culture of students of the University, the growth in students’ social activity.
Main tasks and functions of student council:
– The protection of the rights and interests of students enrolled in higher education;
– Promotion of educational work in the University;
– Promoting teaching, researching and creative activity of students;
– Promotion of the students’ moral and ethical standards, education of patriotism;
– Promotion of healthy lifestyles and safe behavior, prevention of student offenses;
– Promotion better living conditions and students leisure;
– Promotion the creation of various student clubs, societies, associations, clubs and coordinating their activities;
– Cooperation with the student governments of other higher education institutions;
– Promotion the employment of graduates and attracting students for secondary employment in leisure time;
– Ensuring participation in matters of international students’ exchange;
– Promotion students’ participation in international, national, interregional, regional and other student competitions, conferences and contests;
– Ensuring student participation in realization the state youth policy;
– Together with the relevant services promotion the informational, legal, psychological, financial, legal and other students assistance;
– Cooperation with the curators of academic groups, heads of hostels, heads of departments, deans, pro-rectors and other departments.